Updated: Jan 28
What is your 2021 theme word(s) of the year? My 2021 theme words are:
· EMPOWER – I am an Inspiring, Intuitive, & Inquisitive leader sharing my gifts with others
· REVITALIZE– I am thriving daily! I am living my true-self life! I am joyful, balanced, and invigorated.
Each theme word is represented in a 10 ml rollerball essential oil blend! They are both powerful and give voice to my intentions. I use Empower during my morning ritual and Revitalize when I need additional support for my true self and vision! A quick swipe on my wrist, near my nose, and on the back of my neck does the trick! They both are daily reminders to focus on myself and my clients.
This year, in support of empowering each of you, I am offering to create an individualized essential oil blend reflecting your 2021 theme word. I love doing this so much and am blessed to share my tradition with you.
Now, I am going to geek out a bit about essential oils. During my time at Bastyr University, I dove into aromatherapy and essential oil topics such as chemistry, therapeutic properties, blending, and applications. Loved it! I use authentic, certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils. Authentic essential oils are produced by the whole plant organism based on nature and its environment (not synthesized in a factory). These essential oils are an everchanging mix of chemical combination that can be used to support our bodies in a variety of ways. For example, due to its chemistry, peppermint essential oil can be used to cool or warm you – depending on your body’s need. Understanding the plant chemistry helps me select the most appropriate blend supporting you and your theme word. Here are some quick notes on a handful of essential oil:
· Basil: The Oil of Renewal. Supports overcoming exhaustion from overwhelm, fatigue, low energy, and coping. Relaxation, at-peace, circadian rhythm, vital force rejuvenation, hope, optimism, renewal, strength. (1, 3, 6)
· Coriander: The Oil of Loyalty. Supports one’s true self, courage, and stepping out-of-the box. Uniqueness, uplifting, motivating. (1, 3, 6)
· Cypress: The Oil of Motion & Flow. Creates energetic flow, flexibility in the heart and mind, and moving forward naturally. Acceptance, uplifting, cleansing, clarity. (1, 2, 3, 6)
· Frankincense: The Oil of Truth. Fortifies and soothes the spirit. Connection, clarity, soul centered, loved, protection, spirituality, clarity, grounded, regenerative, strengthening, consciousness. (1, 2, 3, 6)
· Geranium: The Oil of Love & Trust. Enduring goodness, trust, honesty, unconditional love, intentions, softening, calming, balancing (calming/stimulating), appreciating, protecting, nurturing, positivity, enhances proprioception (1, 2, 3, 6)
· Lavender: The Oil of Communication. Comforting, healing, releasing, balancing (calming/stimulating), regenerative, uplifting, joyful, opening, courageous, supports insecurities with one’s true self and being visible. (1, 2, 3, 6)
· Lemon: The Oil of Focus. Improves focus and clarity; inspires joyful involvement. Energetic, completion, clearsighted, self-love, confidence, playfulness, purifying, relaxing, uplifting, well-being. (1, 2, 3, 6)
· Lemongrass: The Oil of Cleansing. Powerful energy cleanser. Supports letting go (limiting beliefs, past hurts, toxic or stagnant energies, negativity, unnecessary things). Positivity, clarity, soothing. (1, 3, 6)
· Myrrh: The Oil of Mother Earth. Soul nurturing and connection with mother earth and spirit. Protecting, safety, security, trust, regenerative, healing, fortifying, revitalize. (1, 2, 3, 6)
· Patchouli: The Oil of Physicality. Spirit-Body connection. Fully present. Balancing, reality, grounding, flowing, supportive, body-confidence, strength, peace, presence, regenerative. (1, 2, 3, 6)
· Peppermint: The Oil of a Buoyant Heart. Joy and lightness to the heart and soul. Re-discovery of joy and life. Invigorating, balancing (cooling/warming), cleansing, clearing, happiness, optimism. (1, 2, 3, 6)
· Rose: The Oil of Divine Love. Supports charity and compassion. Heart centered healing, grace, intervention, unconditional love, regenerative, balancing, centering, openness. (1, 2, 3, 6)
· Siberian Fir, and other species: The Oil of Goodwill. Transitioning, forgiveness, optimism, comfort, grounded, increases intuition, releases energy (3, 6)
· Vetiver: The Oil of Centering. Rooted in life, grounded, supports self-awareness and being centered, recovery, uplifting, comforting, security. (1, 3, 6)
· Wild Orange: The Oil of Abundance. Energizing, stimulating, creativity, inner-child connection, spontaneity, supports eliminating a scarcity mindset, giving freely, calming, relaxing, counters nervous tension, depression, and anxiety. (1, 2, 3, 6)
· Ylang Ylang: The Oil of the Inner Child. Powerful heart remedy; child-like love of self. Innocence, intuition, releasing, joyful heart, balancing, uplifting, tempers dark emotions, aphrodisiac. (1, 2, 3, 6)
1. Enlightened Alternative Healing, LLC. Emotions & Essential Oils, A Modern Resource for Healing, Emotional Reference Guide. Enlighten Alternative Healing, LLC, 2012.
2. Harrison, Jimm, Aromatherapy, Therapeutic Uses of Essential Oils for Esthetics. Clifton Park, New York: Milady, 2008.
3. Keville, Kathi and Mindy Green, Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art. Berkeley, CA: Crossing Press, 2009, 2nd Edition.
4. Schnaubelt, Kurt, The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. The Science of Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester, Vermont: Healing Arts Press, 2011.
5. Worwood, Valeria Ann, The Fragrant Heavens; The Spiritual Dimensions of Fragrance and Aromatherapy. London, England: Bantam, 1999.
6. Dr. Sue Lawton coursework